Surgical societies are like the New York City of the medical world—they never sleep. As we head into 2019, surgical societies are tirelessly gearing up for another year of medical advancements and political advocacy that will push healthcare into the future.
On the advocacy docket is youth prevention of e-cigarette smoking, keeping injectable therapies in the hands of the most qualified medical professionals, teaching kids and their adult supporters how to avoid sports injuries, and more.
Read Surgical Trends 2019 and learn more about how professional medical associations are going to improve surgical outcomes, fight for gender equality in healthcare, and care for our youth in 2019.
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Society of Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- American Surgical Association (ASA)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS)
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS)