Join Squad GMM
We’re an entrepreneurial healthcare marketing agency purpose-built to leverage brain science to drive behavior change and modern healthcare solutions. We are bold, honor both the right and left brain, always up for the challenge, and like to have fun while we’re at it.
We’re also a place where your voice and your vision can make a singular difference every day. A place where people aren’t just in it for the paycheck, but want to do what matters—for patients, for our clients, for yourself. Sound like you?
We’re not just experts, we’re people. And we value people. And things we think matter, like building relationships, stretching our experiences and intelligence, having fun, and treating others with respect.
Grey Matter is a certified women-owned business with a desire to intentionally leverage a broad collection of perspectives, backgrounds, and talents that lead to better decision making and, in turn, greater success. We believe diversity and inclusion are key to a healthy business—and life.
Grow With Us
Sure, we use annual performance reviews as a chance to discuss employee growth and development. But we continuously ask ourselves how we can do things better, have a deeper understanding of issues at hand, and be more efficient and effective—as individuals and for our clients. You’ll be guided and mentored by senior leaders committed to advancing your career and developing your potential.
We encourage and financially support the pursuit of knowledge (technical and personal development), offer frequent opportunities for feedback and 1-on-1s with anyone you want, whenever you want, so you can grow with us.
Grey Matter Marketing is not your typical healthcare PR and marketing agency—and we’re proud of that! We’re behavior-change experts. And yes, that’s as powerful as it sounds.
We work to understand how people think, so we can influence what they do. It’s not magic. It’s science. Brain science to be exact. We offer life sciences companies of all stages an innovative business strategy to create a unique company, an unrivaled product, and an entirely new market space to dominate—all in the pursuit of creating healthier, happier, and longer lives.
Grey Matter Marketing isn’t satisfied with anything less than our best, so it makes sense that we only hire the best. We’ve always been a fully remote organization so know a few things about how WFH should actually work. That means your home base can be your sofa, your favorite café, or a (WIFI-equipped) cabin in the woods. All you need is your brain, can-do attitude, and a laptop. We’re looking for people who want to do inspired work for a higher purpose. We’re a rapidly growing agency offering valuable insights and ideas to companies who are challenging the status quo to enhance patient lives and the delivery of healthcare.
If you want to make an immediate impact while working in a fun, fast paced, and supportive environment, you’ve come to the right place.
First and foremost, we are fully remote, so no need to worry about commuting into an office! Also, we offer all the traditional benefits but next level it.
- Competitive compensation
- Health benefits
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous PTO and flex-time policy
- Life insurance
- 100% remote company—you can literally work anywhere with just your laptop and an internet connection
- Training & career development opportunities
- Referral bonus program
- Adoption assistance stipend
- WFH stipend
- Headspace subscription
- Medium subscription
- Off-site company events for learning and fun
- Flat organizational structure
- Ego-free, open-door policy
- Annual charity donation of your choice
- Remote IT support
Grey Matter Marketing (GMM) is looking for a Social Media & Digital Marketing Coordinator to assist with a variety of digital marketing initiatives to support company and client business goals. Tasks can include a mix of social media support (i.e., development and execution of campaigns, content creation, and performance analysis), copywriting (i.e., blogs, emails, advertisements), and project management for both internal and external projects.
The ideal candidate will enjoy writing, being creative, and being well-versed in the latest social media and digital marketing initiatives. A background in paid social media is a plus. You must be able to professionally juggle a multitude of projects and enjoy a dynamic, fully remote work environment. A detail-oriented, can-do attitude is essential. This position includes the opportunity for growth in a specific area of interest and the opportunity to strongly influence corporate strategy as an integral member of a small yet impactful team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a talented team of individuals involved in all aspects of developing, implementing, and executing GMM and its clients’ marketing strategy and programs. We can promise you that each day will be different!
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain our clients’ brand with a consistent voice and tone across all social media and digital platforms
- Develop compelling social media content, maintain social media calendar, and schedule content for clients across all platforms
- Daily monitoring of all social platforms, as well as engaging with followers
- Ensure content accuracy, timeliness, consistency, and correct brand positioning for all clients
- Responsible for managing digital assets (photos/video) and photo selection and graphic design for social media content
- Analyze social media engagement metrics, such as new user growth, fan likes, comments, and shares, and report these numbers monthly
- Participate in social listening to uncover relevant brand conversations
- Conduct extensive competitive research of other consumer products brands and perform regular analysis of the social landscape
- Write web content, including blog articles
- Stay up to date on social media platform developments and updates, such as LinkedIn algorithm changes, and functionality updates on LinkedIn as well as other applicable platforms
- Assist with other marketing projects as needed
Required Skills & Experience
What You Should Have:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, advertising, communications, or equivalent field
- 2+ years of in-depth work experience with social media content development and community management on various channels; healthcare companies or agencies preferred
- Strong writing and editing skills with the ability to speak in a brand’s voice
- Highly knowledgeable and passionate about all social media networks and actively involved on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Proficiency at social media management platforms such as Hootsuite
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Proficiency in creating graphic designs in Canva, Adobe (Photoshop, Express, or Illustrator) experience a plus
- Demonstrated writing of quality social media content; samples of relevant work and/or handles of accounts managed required
- Is resourceful and creative when it comes to developing content from limited assets
- Has the ability to spot trends and create unique stories around trending searches
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently in a deadline-driven environment, set priorities, and manage multiple tasks with input from multiple team members
- Experience using communication tools such as Slack, Zoom, Google Meet, or equivalent
- Exceptional project management skills and attention to detail. Flexibility and organization are essential for helping with the management of various marketing objectives simultaneously
- Experience using project management tools such as Asana or Trello
- Critical thinker with the ability to look beyond the set task to find new ways to achieve our objectives
- Have a deep understanding of social media platforms and the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Must love numbers and analytics
We are seeking an energetic and motivated Public Relations (PR) & Communications Specialist who is eager to advance their career and ready to jump in to help our team with media relations, content development and other related communications activities for our healthcare and life sciences clients. The ideal candidate will also have social media experience to complement PR experience. The position is full time and fully remote and reports to our PR Manager.
We are looking for a high performing, results-oriented communicator who is passionate about telling impactful stories about our clients and their solutions using creativity, media relations and communications skills to drive conversations forward in meaningful ways. The role works as part of a larger agency team to facilitate integrated marketing communications campaigns for our clients.
The ideal person also has a strong grasp of the tactical execution of a PR campaign, experience leveraging PR tools, such as PR Newswire and Critical Mention, and is savvy at identifying stories and trends that can be leveraged for social media. This person knows how to reach a variety of stakeholders and has the appetite to tackle new challenges and drive communications programs.
Key activities and responsibilities include:
- Research and write press releases, news stories, articles, case studies, and opinion pieces
- Research media outlets and influencers and develop media lists
- Monitor media coverage and report results to the wider team and clients
- Pitch clients’ stories to strategic media outlets to boost coverage and awareness
- Proactively arrange interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists for clients’ spokespeople
- Support social media efforts as needed by drafting social media captions, post scheduling in a social media management tool (i.e., Hootsuite)
- Strong understanding and interest in all aspects of social media marketing and public relations
- Source images, video, and clipping coverage for communication use
- Collaborate on developing a PR and social media content calendar
- Develop and support tactical communications plans for clients and assist with crafting and executing media strategies
- Be the liaison on behalf of clients and representation of a client with the media as required
- Analyze PR coverage and providing written wrap-up reports
- Oversee monthly and quarterly PR reports
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of media relations experience including pitch and press release writing
- Prior experience working in a PR agency, press office or fast-paced media environment is preferable.
- 1 year of social media platform experience (preferably LinkedIn)
- Strong news sense and a knack for storytelling
- Proven ability to write a variety of materials including messaging, press releases, media pitches, bylined articles, and persuasive client communications
- Excellent copywriting skills (spelling, grammar, and proofreading) and fluent in AP style; AMA style a plus
- Outstanding organizational, multi-tasking, stakeholder-management, and time-management skills
- Team player who is comfortable working in a collaborative environment but can also work independently
- Self-starter who thrives in a very fast-paced environment; enjoys working with reporters on breaking news
- Knowledge of the healthcare and life sciences space or have genuine desire to learn about it
- Proficient in Google Drive, Google applications and Microsoft Office programs. Some experience with project management tools (i.e., Asana) and social media management tools (i.e., Hootsuite) is preferred.
We are seeking a savvy and motivated Digital Marketing Manager who is eager to advance their career and ready to jump in to help define and lead the efforts to generate awareness, foster a community, and drive engagement across digital channels. You’ll have the opportunity to blend strategic thinking, problem solving, and creativity with hands-on, detailed-oriented execution and analytics which leads to business results for our agency and our healthcare and life sciences clients.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of experience in social media, blogging, email marketing, SEO, and website management, and is passionate about telling impactful stories using creativity, analytics, marketing, and communications skills to digitally drive key messages forward in meaningful ways.
This role is responsible for managing and implementing digital marketing across channels and works as part of a larger agency team to facilitate integrated marketing communications campaigns.
Who’ll Love This Job:
- A builder: You can see where the puck is going and can lay the framework for implementation, guiding delivery, and client expectations too! You are an architect who looks beyond the foundation to connect the dots for digital marketing optimization.
- A rising omnichannel activator: You have formed a good understanding of digital marketing and wants to continue to delve deeper into learning and leading various digital practices (web, email, advertising, social media), keeping abreast of developing trends and updates.
- A cool cucumber: You understands how to operate successfully and offset the pressure associated with tight deadlines and quick turnaround times while remaining a solutions-oriented partner for our team and clients.
- A doer: You don’t wait for someone else to fix things. You think strategically about problems and recommend how to avoid setbacks and snags to relevant parties. Communication is key!
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the conception, execution, and implementation of digital marketing initiatives (organic/paid social media, email, and web); ensure objectives are aligned with the client’s goals; and follow the industry standards of excellence and best practices
- Strategize, execute, and manage a variety of client digital marketing initiatives
- Perform research and analysis for digital marketing initiatives to support the overarching campaign strategy
- Continuously measure and optimize digital marketing initiative performance, establishing benchmarks and recommending strategic opportunities for optimization to surpass client expectations
- Collaborate with internal team and client peers to identify and support strategic solutions
- Build clear and concise presentation decks and present them to clients
- Support business development opportunities
Required Skills & Experience
What You Should Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related fields
- 5+ years of experience in social media marketing
- 3+ years of experience in email marketing
- 3+ years of experience in website management using WordPress or equivalent CMS
- 2+ years of experience with client management
- Strong reporting and analysis experience with a knack for translating the data into easy-to-understand decks
- Exceptional time management and project management skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects and ongoing work items while effectively managing changing priorities
- Exceptional project management skills: demonstrated ability to perform under pressure to meet deadlines, prioritize and manage detailed budgets
- Experience with LinkedIn Ads Manager (other social media ad management tools are a plus)
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Search Console, WordPress
- Advanced knowledge of social media analytics, especially on LinkedIn Analytics
- Experience with Hootsuite or equivalent social media management tools
- Experience with Asana or equivalent project management tools
- Experience with Canva or Adobe photoshop or equivalent graphic design tools
- Ability to meticulously track time using Harvest
- Ability to communicate in a responsive and timely manner with the internal team via Slack
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and project management tools
- Comfortable using time tracking tool (i.e., Harvest), project management software (i.e., Asana), and communication app (i.e., Slack)
Optional desired skills:
- Experience managing ad campaigns on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Ability to create effective video content with video editing programs
- Preference for experience in pharma/healthcare industry, but not required
- Adept at learning new tools and technologies
- Strong, professional verbal communication
- Excellent writing and creative content skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Positive attitude
- Team driven
Responsible for implementing and supporting business across multiple campaigns, brands, and/or clients. The AD plays a critical role in managing senior level client relationships and has regular exposure to client senior management as well as their teams. Their key responsibilities include being the primary point of contact with clients and building long-term relationships with them. They act as the link between the client and the agency, communicating for the client and the agency and ensuring both parties are happy and engaged. The AD gives regular detailed progress reports and keeps clients satisfied with exceptional customer service daily.
The AD is also responsible for ensuring the overarching client/brand strategy is pulled through to day-to-day work and tactics. The AD is expected to be the client, brand, and category expert once they are fully onboarded and entrenched. They are expected to ensure the agency team is aware of latest brand developments or evolutions, they lead the charge on message matrix/guide updates and style updates to ensure the agency is delivering consistent work that exceeds client expectations.
- Has primary responsibility for internal and external account management activities across 1 - 3 accounts, with support from multi-disciplinary teams and senior levels of management
- Supports the day-to-day pull through of strategy, manages quarterly strategic assessments, yearly brand planning and market change assessments
- Helps develop and administer client budgets based on accurate estimating and tracking of hours, out-of-pocket expenses, and reconciliation against estimates
- Manages overall forecast, oversees budget status reports and reconciliations for financial performance
- Possesses thorough knowledge of account contracts, statements of works, and change orders
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of and passion for a client's business, objectives, industry, target audiences, and relevant media/influencers
- Drives day-to-day client relations and serves as one of the primary client points-of-contact
- Actively cultivates and maintains strong client relationships by heading and initiating ongoing status meetings, review meetings, and providing consistent and clear communication
- Provides recommendations for integrated strategic programs; develops tactical plans to drive business results; and leads execution including, timelines, budgeting and team bandwidth
- Ensures client feedback is captured, understood, and addressed as appropriate across deliverables
- Helps to retain and organically grow clients by continuously delivering a quality product, adhering to budgets and timelines, meeting KPIs, and bringing new insights and ideas
- Raises client awareness as to when changes in client direction affect estimates
- Able to adapt to a range of client corporate cultures and personalities
- Able to collaborate with and support multi-disciplinary team
- Works well within the team as well as independently
- Exhibits sound decision making regarding hours dedicated to jobs and what to prioritize
- Demonstrates professional presence and strong work ethic, with a track record of following through on client requests and with high-quality results on schedule and on budget
- Able to identify client issues, and work with VP, Client Operations to moderate conflicts and influence management decisions
- Helps identify resourcing and staffing needs
- 6 – 8 years of experience in the life sciences space (i.e., digital health, pharmaceutical, or medical device and diagnostic companies) in a healthcare agency or in-house marketing leadership role
- Minimum of 2 years management experience
- Highly organized and able to multi-task under limited supervision; able to devise and articulate solutions to problems on an ongoing basis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to effectively communicate critical information to internal and external stakeholders
- High energy; thrives in fast-paced, growing, and evolving environment; must be willing to roll up their sleeves and do the work
- Project management experience, demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and manage detailed budgets
- Bachelor’s degree