Join Squad GMM
We’re an entrepreneurial healthcare marketing agency purpose-built to leverage brain science to drive behavior change and modern healthcare solutions. We are bold, honor both the right and left brain, always up for the challenge, and like to have fun while we’re at it.
We’re also a place where your voice and your vision can make a singular difference every day. A place where people aren’t just in it for the paycheck, but want to do what matters—for patients, for our clients, for yourself. Sound like you?
We’re not just experts, we’re people. And we value people. And things we think matter, like building relationships, stretching our experiences and intelligence, having fun, and treating others with respect.
Grey Matter is a certified women-owned business with a desire to intentionally leverage a broad collection of perspectives, backgrounds, and talents that lead to better decision making and, in turn, greater success. We believe diversity and inclusion are key to a healthy business—and life.
Grow With Us
Sure, we use annual performance reviews as a chance to discuss employee growth and development. But we continuously ask ourselves how we can do things better, have a deeper understanding of issues at hand, and be more efficient and effective—as individuals and for our clients. You’ll be guided and mentored by senior leaders committed to advancing your career and developing your potential.
We encourage and financially support the pursuit of knowledge (technical and personal development), offer frequent opportunities for feedback and 1-on-1s with anyone you want, whenever you want, so you can grow with us.
Grey Matter Marketing is not your typical healthcare PR and marketing agency—and we’re proud of that! We’re behavior-change experts. And yes, that’s as powerful as it sounds.
We work to understand how people think, so we can influence what they do. It’s not magic. It’s science. Brain science to be exact. We offer life sciences companies of all stages an innovative business strategy to create a unique company, an unrivaled product, and an entirely new market space to dominate—all in the pursuit of creating healthier, happier, and longer lives.
Grey Matter Marketing isn’t satisfied with anything less than our best, so it makes sense that we only hire the best. We’ve always been a fully remote organization so know a few things about how WFH should actually work. That means your home base can be your sofa, your favorite café, or a (WIFI-equipped) cabin in the woods. All you need is your brain, can-do attitude, and a laptop. We’re looking for people who want to do inspired work for a higher purpose. We’re a rapidly growing agency offering valuable insights and ideas to companies who are challenging the status quo to enhance patient lives and the delivery of healthcare.
If you want to make an immediate impact while working in a fun, fast paced, and supportive environment, you’ve come to the right place.
First and foremost, we are fully remote, so no need to worry about commuting into an office! Also, we offer all the traditional benefits but next level it.
- Competitive compensation
- Health benefits
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous PTO and flex-time policy
- Life insurance
- 100% remote company—you can literally work anywhere with just your laptop and an internet connection
- Training & career development opportunities
- Referral bonus program
- Adoption assistance stipend
- WFH stipend
- Headspace subscription
- Medium subscription
- Off-site company events for learning and fun
- Flat organizational structure
- Ego-free, open-door policy
- Annual charity donation of your choice
- Remote IT support
Responsible for implementing and supporting business across multiple campaigns, brands, and/or clients. The AD plays a critical role in managing senior level client relationships and has regular exposure to client senior management as well as their teams. Their key responsibilities include being the primary point of contact with clients and building long-term relationships with them. They act as the link between the client and the agency, communicating for the client and the agency and ensuring both parties are happy and engaged. The AD gives regular detailed progress reports and keeps clients satisfied with exceptional customer service daily.
The AD is also responsible for ensuring the overarching client/brand strategy is pulled through to day-to-day work and tactics. The AD is expected to be the client, brand, and category expert once they are fully onboarded and entrenched. They are expected to ensure the agency team is aware of latest brand developments or evolutions, they lead the charge on message matrix/guide updates and style updates to ensure the agency is delivering consistent work that exceeds client expectations.
- Has primary responsibility for internal and external account management activities across 1 - 3 accounts, with support from multi-disciplinary teams and senior levels of management
- Supports the day-to-day pull through of strategy, manages quarterly strategic assessments, yearly brand planning and market change assessments
- Helps develop and administer client budgets based on accurate estimating and tracking of hours, out-of-pocket expenses, and reconciliation against estimates
- Manages overall forecast, oversees budget status reports and reconciliations for financial performance
- Possesses thorough knowledge of account contracts, statements of works, and change orders
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of and passion for a client's business, objectives, industry, target audiences, and relevant media/influencers
- Drives day-to-day client relations and serves as one of the primary client points-of-contact
- Actively cultivates and maintains strong client relationships by heading and initiating ongoing status meetings, review meetings, and providing consistent and clear communication
- Provides recommendations for integrated strategic programs; develops tactical plans to drive business results; and leads execution including, timelines, budgeting and team bandwidth
- Ensures client feedback is captured, understood, and addressed as appropriate across deliverables
- Helps to retain and organically grow clients by continuously delivering a quality product, adhering to budgets and timelines, meeting KPIs, and bringing new insights and ideas
- Raises client awareness as to when changes in client direction affect estimates
- Able to adapt to a range of client corporate cultures and personalities
- Able to collaborate with and support multi-disciplinary team
- Works well within the team as well as independently
- Exhibits sound decision making regarding hours dedicated to jobs and what to prioritize
- Demonstrates professional presence and strong work ethic, with a track record of following through on client requests and with high-quality results on schedule and on budget
- Able to identify client issues, and work with VP, Client Operations to moderate conflicts and influence management decisions
- Helps identify resourcing and staffing needs
- 6 – 8 years of experience in the life sciences space (i.e., digital health, pharmaceutical, or medical device and diagnostic companies) in a healthcare agency or in-house marketing leadership role
- Minimum of 2 years management experience
- Highly organized and able to multi-task under limited supervision; able to devise and articulate solutions to problems on an ongoing basis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to effectively communicate critical information to internal and external stakeholders
- High energy; thrives in fast-paced, growing, and evolving environment; must be willing to roll up their sleeves and do the work
- Project management experience, demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and manage detailed budgets
- Bachelor’s degree
AGENCY EXPERIENCE IN THE LIFE SCIENCES INDUSTRY REQUIRED - Your application will not be considered for this position unless you have specific PR agency experience in the life sciences industry
We are seeking an energetic and motivated Public Relations (PR) senior associate who is eager to advance their PR career and ready to jump in to help our team with media relations, content development and other related communications activities for our life sciences (med tech, device, pharma, biotech) clients.
We are looking for high performing, results-oriented communicators that are passionate about telling meaningful and impactful stories about our clients and their technologies using creativity, analytics, media relations and communications skills to drive conversations forward in meaningful ways. The role works as part of a larger agency team to facilitate integrated marketing communications campaigns for the agency’s clients.
The ideal person also has a strong grasp of the tactical execution of a PR campaign, the know-how to reach a variety of stakeholders, and the appetite to tackle new challenges and drive communications programs. This person should be equal parts contributor and collaborator, avid reader of life sciences/innovation news, and can apply timely trends to client's messages and program goals.
Key activities and responsibilities include:
- Research and write press releases, news stories, articles, case studies, and opinion pieces
- Monitor media coverage and report results to the wider team and clients
- Pitching clients’ stories to strategic media outlets to boost coverage and awareness
- Proactively arrange interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists for clients’ spokespeople
- Develop and support tactical communications plans for clients and assist with crafting and executing media strategies
- Be the liaison on behalf of clients and representation of a client with the media as required
- Analyze PR coverage and providing written wrap-up reports
- Oversee monthly and quarterly PR reports
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 – 7 years of media relations experience including pitch and press release writing
- Prior experience working in a PR agency
- Strong news sense and a knack for storytelling that translates into effective pitching
- Proven ability to write a variety of materials including messaging, press releases, media pitches, bylined articles, and persuasive client communications
- Ability to translate complex topics into digestible and approachable language
- Excellent copywriting skills (spelling, grammar, and proofreading) and fluent in AP style
- Outstanding organizational, multi-tasking, stakeholder-management, and time-management skills
- Team player who is comfortable working in a collaborative environment but can also work independently
- Self-starter who thrives in a very fast-paced environment; enjoys working with reporters on breaking news
- Knowledge of the healthcare and life science space or have genuine desire to learn about it
- Proficient in Google Drive and Google applications and Microsoft Office programs